quinta-feira, 30 de outubro de 2008

Fight Club - Trechos do roteiro

Iluminação inicial sobre identidade masculina.

TYLER: The things you own, end up owing you. But do what you like, man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 1

TYLER: If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?

JACK: I'd fight my boss, probably.

TYLER: Really?

JACK: Yeah, why, who would you fight?

TYLER: I'd fight my dad.

JACK: I don't know my dad. I mean, I know him, but he left when I was like six year old. Married this woman, had more kids. He did this like every six years. Goes to a new city and starts a new family.

TYLER: He was setting franchises. My dad never went to college, so it was really important that I'd go.

JACK: Sounds familiar.

TYLER: So I graduate, I called him a long distance and asked: "Dad, now what?", he says "Get a job".

JACK: Same here.

TYLER: When I turned twenty five, my yearly call again "Dad, now what?", he says "I don't know, get married!"

JACK: I can't get married, I'm a thirty-year-old boy!

TYLER: We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 2

JACK (Thinking): We all started seeing things differently. Everywhere we went, we were sizing things up.

They hold hand grips. Jack looks up an ADVERTISEMENT; a CALVIN KLEIN ad featuring a tan, bare-chested MUSCLE STUD.

JACK (Thinking): I felt sorry for the guys packing into gyms, trying to look like Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger said they should.

JACK(indicating the advertisement): Is that how a man looks like?

Tyler looks at the C.K. advertisement and laughs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 3

Fight club became the reason to cut your hair short or trim your fingernails.

TYLER: Okay, any historical figure.

JACK: I'd fight Gandhi.

TYLER: Good answer.

JACK: How about you?

TYLER: Lincoln.

JACK: Lincoln?

TYLER: Mm. Big guy, big reach. Skinny guys fight till they're burger.

Jack reaches his mouth pulls -- yanks a TOOTH. Jack looks at it.

JACK: Fuck.

TYLER: Hey, even the Mona Lisa's falling apart.

Jack drops the tooth in the sink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 4

JACK (Thinking): I became the calm, little center of the world. I was the Zen master.

CLOSE UP - COMPUTER MONITOR. Haiku is BEING TYPED in a trendy, italicized font.

"Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away. The queen is their slave"

JACK (Thinking): I wrote a little haiku poems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 5

TYLER: But first you have to give up. First, you have to know, with no fear, know that someday you are going to die. Until you know that, you are useless.

Jack: This is your life and it's ending one moment at a time.

TYLER: It's only after we lost everything that we are free to do anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 6

TYLER: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential -- God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit they don't need. We are the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning slowly that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clube da luta - Trecho 7

JACK: Have we ever had sex?

MARLA: What kind of stupid question is that?!

JACK: Is it stupid because the answer's "yes" or because the answer's "no"?

MARLA: Is this a trick?

JACK: No, Marla, I need to know--

MARLA: You mean, you want to know if we were just having sex or making love?

JACK: We did make love.

MARLA: Is that what you're calling it?

JACK: Just answer the question, Marla, please. Did we do it or not?

MARLA: You fuck me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me your sensitive side, then you turn into a total asshole. Is that a pretty accurate description of our relationship, Tyler?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário